Subscribe to status for the Location Service?

Aug 9, 2011 at 8:36 AM

Is there any possiblity to subscribe to the locations services status event changes?

Aug 9, 2011 at 4:04 PM

Could you give more information to what you mean.

Aug 9, 2011 at 7:16 PM
Edited Aug 9, 2011 at 7:20 PM

Hi there.

Sure. But maybe I should rephrase and/or elaborate on my question a little bit.

In a non-RX scenario, we have 2 different events that could potentially be raised; StatusChanged and PositionChanged.

That means I can capture status changes even though my location hasn't changed.

So, if using the RX subscription LocationByDistanceThreshold() method, will I get events when only the status has changed?

In other words, if I'm on the move, stop and the GPS loses it's receiving possibility/signal, will such a event fire (and thus allows me to display a status change) even though I haven't moved the distance threshold?

EDIT: Hmmm..  It looks like you only return GeoCoordinate anyway, so my question is really not applicable at all... bummer.

Let me try again to rephrase; Is it possible to get GeoPositionStatus back at all?

Regards,

Magnus

Aug 9, 2011 at 7:22 PM

Let me have a look at the code base and if possible I'll wire it in...

Sep 1, 2011 at 1:34 PM

Did you have any chance to look into this?

Regards,

Magnus

Sep 6, 2011 at 11:20 PM

I did, and we plan to get this into the next version (1.4).

Sep 20, 2011 at 10:37 AM

This has now added to the location serivce as an Rx method - Status()

It is available in the following changeset and will go into the next release - http://wp7contrib.codeplex.com/SourceControl/changeset/changes/69892

Jan 18, 2012 at 10:49 PM
Edited Jan 18, 2012 at 10:50 PM

Even further... it's also needed to verify the Permission if we get a Disabled status!

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/gg490775.aspx

watcher.Permission == GeoPositionPermission.Denied

If Permission is set to Denied, we need to act upon it. Any idea how to get this when we check for the status/location through Rx?