This project is read-only.

NavigationList doesn't work with transitions and tilt effect

Jul 27, 2011 at 12:08 PM

I like the idea of th NavigationList control however in current implementation it won't work neither with the TiltEffect and TurnstileFeather transition with specifically look for ListBox.

I would also argue that there should be a dedicated NavigationListItem container type created. In any case it will be needed to register in TiltEffect.TiltableItems.

Aug 1, 2011 at 4:51 PM
Edited Aug 2, 2011 at 4:34 PM

I've sent the guy you wrote this an email asking him to look at this.

Aug 2, 2011 at 4:32 PM

Hi kobush,

I am the original author of the Navigation List control.

Regarding TiltEffect and TurnstileFeather they should probably look for ItemsControl rather than ListBox in order to make them more flexible.

You mention that having a dedicated NavigationListItem container would be a good idea. I am not so sure about that. One of the reasons why the NavigationList is twice as fast to render compared to a ListBox is that it has a simplified UI. See the following blog post:

http://www.scottlogic.co.uk/blog/colin/2011/04/a-fast-loading-windows-phone-7-navigationlist-control/

Regarding tilt, how about trying the following behaviour:

WP7Contrib.View.Controls.Behaviors.TiltBehaviour

You should be able to apply this behaviour to the root element of your NavigationList.ItemTemplate giving you that sweet WP7 tilt effect.

(This is a current issue with WP7Contrib, we have different implementation of the same effect because of the various authors involved).

Anyhow, let me know if that helps at all,

Colin E.